Here is another all-rounder. The Chana chaat salad works well as a starter before a main meal or as a filler between meals or even as a healthy tiffin for school kids. Like the Watermelon salad, this too is very simple and easy to make. So, if you are looking to make a quick but tasty snack, this is a good option. I prefer to stick to just the chana for the salad but, one can also add things like diced boiled potato or Papri (like in Papri chaat) or Sev (like in bhelpuri). It’s up to your individual taste and liking. The other reason I prefer my version is that I can serve the Chaat Salad later. If you add other stuff, make sure to serve immediately, or else the chaat gets mushy. So, get Chaaty and food around with the popular Chana Chaat Salad.Print
- 3/4 cups Chickpeas
- 1 Tomato, medium size, diced small
- 2 Onions, medium size, diced small
- 1/2 Cucumber, diced small
- 2 – 3 green Chillies, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup of Coriander leaves, chopped
- 2 Tsp Tomato Sauce
- Lime juice of 1/2 a lime
- 1/2 Tsp Chaat Masala
- 1/4 Tsp freshly grounded black Pepper
- 3/4 Tsp freshly made Masala powder
- Salt to Taste
- Soak the Chickpeas overnight. In a pressure cooker, cook the chickpeas on high flame. After the first 2 whistle, lower flame to a sim and cook for 4 mins more. Take off the lid once cool.
- To make the Masala powder, roast 1 Tsp heaped of cumin seed and 1 whole Red chilly dry over medium heat on a griddle/tava. Cool and grind in a blender. Set aside.
- In a bowl put all the ingredients and toss well.
- Serve immediately
You can put some diced boiled potatoes or even some crushed Papris that are used in Papri Chaat for variations.
- Serving Size: 4