Not a combination one would typically associate with Prawn and certainly not something you can pick up in recipe books. This is an adapted recipe and more homestyle I would say. Just to clarify this is not the regular oriental/Thai dish. Like in any prawn dish, the key is good quality fresh prawn. Ideally medium to large size prawns is what the chef ordered. I like to throw in some sliced round potatoes into the mix but you can do without it if you want to avoid potatoes. Now about the gravy. It needs to be thick for the optimum taste and flavour. One has a choice of using whole lemon leaves. I have used finely chopped leaves to weave in the tangy flavour. Ideal for lunch or dinner, this dish is best served with plain rice, fried rice or noodles. Another recipe which uses very few ingredients and is relatively easy to prepare. I would strongly recommend this to all prawn lovers. Happy Fooding Around.Print
Prawn Curry with Lemon Leaves
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
- 14 –17 medium to large Prawns (400 gms ), shelled and de-veined
- 2 Medium Potatoes, cut into thin rounds
- 3 Baby Corn, cut into thin rounds
- Oil – 1 Tsp +1 Tbsp
- 3 Tbsp Oil for shallow frying the coated prawns
- Butter – ½ Tbsp + 1 Tbsp
- Finely chopped Garlic – ½ Tsp + 2 Tsp
- 2 Tsp Tomato Ketchup
- 3 Tsp Red Chilli Sauce
- 1 Tsp Lemon Juice
- ¼ Tsp Black Pepper
- 3 – 4 Lime Leaves, cut into thin strips
- 2 green chillies, chopped finely
- ¼ Tsp red chilli flakes
Ingredients for Coating the Prawns :
- 3 Tbsp Cornflour
- ¼ Tsp black Pepper powder
- 1 Tsp Lemon Juice
- 1 Tsp Oil
- ¼ cup water
- Salt to taste
- 2 Tbsp chopped Coriander leaves
- Wash, clean and pat dry the prawns with paper towels. In a medium sized bowl add together all the ingredients for coating the prawn. Mix in the water to blend into a light batter. Add a little more water if required. Next add the prawns into the batter, combine well so as to completely coat all the prawns. Keep it aside for 5 – 10 mins.
- In a heavy bottom pan heat 2 to 3 Tbsp of oil for shallow frying the prawns. When hot, shallow fry the prawn over medium flame in batches till they are crispy in texture and golden brown in colour. Take them out and drain the excess oil over paper towels.
- Next , in the same heavy bottom pan shallow fry or saute the potato rounds and sliced corn. Add a tablespoon more of oil if needed. Take them out and keep them ready to be added later on.
- Using the same pan heat 1 Tbsp oil and 1 Tbsp butter over medium flame. Once hot add the 2 Tsp chopped garlic. Stir for a minute or so before adding the tomato sauce and the red chilli sauce. Stir and add 1 tsp lemon juice, ¼ Tsp black pepper powder, chopped green chillies, red chilli flakes and lime leaves cut into strips. Next add the 1/3 cup water, stir thoroughly. When the water starts boiling, add the prawn, corn and the potatoes. Cover and cook for 2-3 mins.
- Take off from heat and serve hot along with steamed rice or noodles of your choice.
- Serving Size: 4
온라인카지노December 15, 2022 2:22 am
I heard what you need to say! You raise a great point and I’ve pondered exactly the same thing. I think remarks are certainly heard in any event, when it is a bustling discussion. Regardless of whether the creator have the transfer speed to answer each and every remark, other analysts that are bought in can bounce into the discussion like you and I are doing now.
One thing I’ve generally pondered is… the reason don’t more analysts get into conversations with other analysts? There are such countless valid statements to develop in an enthusiastic discussion. I concur. I’d very much want to see more association between analysts to keep the discussion rising along. pls visit my site https://joinlive77.com/
카지노사이트December 20, 2022 8:40 am
You’re so interesting! I don’t suppose I have read through something like that before. So nice to find somebody with genuine thoughts on this subject. Really.. many thanks for starting this up. This website is something that’s needed on the internet, someone with some originality!
slotsiteMarch 24, 2023 2:16 am
It’s too bad to check your article late. I wonder what it would be if we met a little faster. I want to exchange a little more, but please visit my site slotsite and leave a message!!
Leave a Reply