- 14 –17 medium to large Prawns (400 gms ), shelled and de-veined
- 2 Medium Potatoes, cut into thin rounds
- 3 Baby Corn, cut into thin rounds
- Oil – 1 Tsp +1 Tbsp
- 3 Tbsp Oil for shallow frying the coated prawns
- Butter – ½ Tbsp + 1 Tbsp
- Finely chopped Garlic – ½ Tsp + 2 Tsp
- 2 Tsp Tomato Ketchup
- 3 Tsp Red Chilli Sauce
- 1 Tsp Lemon Juice
- ¼ Tsp Black Pepper
- 3 – 4 Lime Leaves, cut into thin strips
- 2 green chillies, chopped finely
- ¼ Tsp red chilli flakes
Ingredients for Coating the Prawns :
- 3 Tbsp Cornflour
- ¼ Tsp black Pepper powder
- 1 Tsp Lemon Juice
- 1 Tsp Oil
- ¼ cup water
- Salt to taste
- 2 Tbsp chopped Coriander leaves
- Wash, clean and pat dry the prawns with paper towels. In a medium sized bowl add together all the ingredients for coating the prawn. Mix in the water to blend into a light batter. Add a little more water if required. Next add the prawns into the batter, combine well so as to completely coat all the prawns. Keep it aside for 5 – 10 mins.
- In a heavy bottom pan heat 2 to 3 Tbsp of oil for shallow frying the prawns. When hot, shallow fry the prawn over medium flame in batches till they are crispy in texture and golden brown in colour. Take them out and drain the excess oil over paper towels.
- Next , in the same heavy bottom pan shallow fry or saute the potato rounds and sliced corn. Add a tablespoon more of oil if needed. Take them out and keep them ready to be added later on.
- Using the same pan heat 1 Tbsp oil and 1 Tbsp butter over medium flame. Once hot add the 2 Tsp chopped garlic. Stir for a minute or so before adding the tomato sauce and the red chilli sauce. Stir and add 1 tsp lemon juice, ¼ Tsp black pepper powder, chopped green chillies, red chilli flakes and lime leaves cut into strips. Next add the 1/3 cup water, stir thoroughly. When the water starts boiling, add the prawn, corn and the potatoes. Cover and cook for 2-3 mins.
- Take off from heat and serve hot along with steamed rice or noodles of your choice.
- Serving Size: 4