The summer has been playing truant this year and arrived late. I was ready for it when the temperature soared and all of us were looking for that cool refresher after a day spent outdoors. The idea for this came from the Sangria. I liked the concept of the iced tea in a Jar as a base to the Sangria. However, I thought about it and decided to give it a twist. I was thinking about popsicle ice creams for the summer and that’s where this idea came to create the Iced Tea Sangria Popsicles. To my looked nice and colourful and my husband normally quite finicky with his desserts, polished off a couple of them at one go. He said they tasted marvellous. It really did turn out well. About the recipe, I would recommend that you use fresh seasonal fruits. I have used mango, peach, strawberry, blueberry, apple and kiwis. The first step here is to brew the iced tea. Nothing like a home brewed iced tea for this kind of recipe as compared to buying it off the shelf. Ideally you should use wine for making the sangria but for the kids, mothers can replace the wine with coconut water. You can make this refreshing cooler in bulk for friends and family and watch their delight. This is a must try recipe this summer. Happy fooding around and stay cool. delight the popsiclesPrint
- 1 cup sweetened brewed iced tea
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 cup of diced fresh fruit ( I have used mango, strawberry, banana, kiwi, plum)
Ingredients for the Iced Tea :
- 1 Tbsp Honey (add more or even less according to your taste)
- 2 cups hot Water
- 2 Tsp Tea leaves
- 1 Tsp Lemon juice (add more if you like it more tangy)
- Crushed ice
- Brew the tea in 2 cups of hot water.
- Once brewed drain out the tea leaves using a tea strainer. Add the rest of the of the ingredients like honey, lemon juice and crushed ice.
- Blend the ice tea and wine together. Pour the iced tea – wine mix into the ice popsicle moulds one by one. Fill them up maximum till 2/3rd the capacity.
- Now add in the diced fruits to each mould until they are full.
- With the help of the popsicle sticks push the diced fruits down so as to evenly spread across the ice popsicle moulds.
- Freeze overnight to set.
- Remove from the freezer, quickly de-mould and eat immediately.
Mums at home can completely do away with the iced tea and wine bit. Simply Replace them with natural Coconut Water. Kids should love it and mothers too will be glad to see the fussy fruit eaters happily munching away…!!!!