As the name suggests, this is a dish you can rustle up in a jiffy. All simple and common ingredients and minimum fuss. Makes plain boiled Eggs taste yummy and is a sure-fire hit with old and young. This is a practical and regular option for office goers. All you have to do is to keep the eggs boiled in the morning, it takes just five minutes to do the stir fry. This a light meal and a regular feature in my home. Everyone loves it. Honestly, this is an adapted recipe from something similar my Aunt used to make during my childhood. Put a smile back at the dinner table or brighten up your office lunch with the Stir fry boiled eggs. Happy Fooding around!Print
Quick and Easy Stir Fry Boiled Eggs
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 20 mins
- 6 large Eggs
- 1 large Bell Pepper (Capsicum), cut lengthwise into long strips (I used ½ Green and ½ Red )
- 3 large Onions, cut into thick slices
- 2 Potatoes, cut into wedges (Optional)
- 2 + 2 Tbsp Oil
- ¼ Tsp Turmeric
- 3 –4 Tbsp All Purpose Flour (Maida)
- 2 Tbsp chopped Garlic
- 1 Tsp chopped green Chillies
- 2 Tsp Butter
- Salt to taste
- Boil the eggs in a deep pan, cool and shell them Cut them into wedges. Be gentle while cutting them as the yolks should not come out from the whites.
- Heat 2 Tbsp oil in a heavy bottomed pan. In a bowl mix the All Purpose Flour with some water and salt to make a light batter. Dip the egg wedges one by one into the batter. Coat each one of the egg wedges completely and properly with the batter, before shallowing frying them to a golden brown. Shallow fry them in batches over medium flame till then are all done. Keep them aside.
- In the same pan or wok, add the remaining oil. When hot add the potato wedges (if you are using them for your recipe) and saute them over medium low flame. Take them out and keep them aside once they turn light brown and are half cooked.
- Next add chopped garlic to the wok. Stir for a bit before adding the capsicum, onion, turmeric and salt. Keep stirring over medium heat. No need to cover as we want the vegetables to just about cooked with them retaining a bit of their crunchiness. When the onions and capsicum are 3/4th done, add the pan fried eggs along with the saute’ed potato wedges (if you are using any), butter, chopped green chillies and coriander leaves. Stir and mix well. Take off from and serve hot. Goes well with rotis, fulkas or even toasted buttered bread!
- Serving Size: 4
Leave a Reply