The Holi Special
- 1/3rd cup Cashews
- 1/3rd cup Almonds
- 1 Tbsp Fennel Seeds
- 2 Tbsp Poppy Seeds
- 1 Tsp whole Black Peppercorns
- 20 Green Cardamoms
- 2 Tbsp dried Rose petals
- 1 generous pinch of Saffron strands
Ingredients for Making the Ice Cream :
- 800 ml thick whipping Cream (kept cold in the refrigerator)
- 1 can Condensed Milk (sweetened)
- ½ cup Thandai Powder (feel free to add more as per your taste)
- 1 Tsp Saffron (soaked in 2 or 3 tbsp warm milk)
- A few drops of Vanilla Extract or Essence
Ingredients for the Topping of the Ice Cream :
- ½ Tsp Saffron (soaked in 1 Tbsp warm milk) – Optional
- Chopped pistachios and dried rose petals – Optional
Instruction for the Thandai Powder Mix:
- To make the Thandai powder add all the ingredients under Thandai Powder Mix into the grinder jar.
- Grind together to a smooth powder. Store away in an airtight jar, ready to be used.
Instruction for the Ice Cream :
- Whip the cold whipping cream in a large bowl kept over a tub of ice using a hand blender or a cake beater. Whip cream till it stands in peaks.
- Add the can of sweetened condensed milk and fold it in to mix well.
- Next add the Thandai powder along with the saffron soaked milk. Blend together until smooth.
- Pour into an airtight container and freeze. I have used a loaf tin and sealed it with a cling film. You may also use containers like Tupperware that comes with fitting lids.
- When the ice -cream is semi frozen spread over the saffron soaked milk and decorate with pistachios, almonds and rose petals. This is an Optional Step.
- Freeze the container for 8 -10 hours or overnight till your ice cream set and frozen.
- Scoop your ice cream into bowls and enjoy right away!
You can use any regular whipping cream, even Amul will do.
- Serving Size: 8