A Continental Fusion
- 4 Salmon fillets (approx. 450 gms)
- 2 Tbsp Ghee ( you may use same quantity Butter instead)
- 1 – 2 Tbsp Oil for pan frying the salmon
- 2 Tbsp + 1 Tbsp (marination) Lemon Juice
- 1 heaped Tbsp finely chopped Garlic
- 1/3rd cup Chicken Stock or broth
- ¼ cup Coconut Cream or thick Coconut Milk
- 2 Tbsp Parsley leaves (you may use Coriander leaves instead)
- 1 –2 Tsp Red Chilli Flakes (according to spice level)
- Salt to taste + ½ Tsp for marination
- Freshly crushed black Pepper to season as per taste + ½ Tsp for marination
- Wash and pat dry the Salmon fillets. Season the fillets with some salt, pepper and lemon juice for about 10 mins.
- In a flat bottom pan heat oil for pan frying and searing the marinated Salmon fillets. When oil is hot, carefully place the salmon fillets Skin Side Down. Cook and sear over medium flame for 3 – 4 mins (depending on the thickness) without disturbing the fillets.
- Next carefully turn and flip the fillets over to cook and sear the other side for another 2 -3 mins. Take them off and keep them aside.
- In the same flat bottom pan, add the ghee (or if you are using butter instead). Melt over medium -low flame. Once hot add the chopped garlic. Stir for 1-2 mins till the garlic changes colour to a golden brown and releases aroma. Add the chicken stock, lemon juice, coconut cream/milk. Keep stirring at intervals.
- Cook till the sauce thicken a little, before adding salt, pepper, red chilli flakes. You may even add a little lemon zest too at this point if you wish. Add the pan seared salmon fillet back to the pan and cook for a minute or two.
- Before taking off from the flame sprinkle some chopped fresh parsley or coriander leaves. Serve hot teamed with some soups, tossed salads or even with some stir fried or boiled vegetables.
You can replace the Salmon with other boneless fish fillets of your liking.
- Serving Size: 4